Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wedding Trivia

I realized you all do not pay me to write this stuff, so I give no apologies for the delay this time around.  Unless Mema is reading, in which case I am terribly sorry and you are the best Grandma ever.  If i was to apologize to the rest of you, it would have been because I have prioritized wedding gift thank you's over blogging.  They say you have a year to write these but really... taking a year to write a 5 minute thank you to someone is pretty pathetic.   Our government doesn't even work at that slow of a pace.

That being said, this post will be short.  I just thought it was neat where I am mailing all of these thank yous.  It really does seem like our friends have scattered a bit.  Here is a list of some of the more exciting cities, in no particular order.

Miami, FL
West Palm Beach, FL
Orlando, FL
Inverness, FL
Naples, FL
Tampa, FL
Sebring, FL
Jacksonville, FL
Destin, FL
Augusta, GA
Atlanta, GA
Sandersville, GA
Washington D.C.
Nashville, TN
Memphis, TN
Chicago, IL
Dallas, TX
Houston, TX
Boston, MA
Philadelphia, PA
New York City, NY
Falmouth, ME
San Fransisco, CA
Portland, OR
Seattle, WA
London, England
Some City in Brasil (I married a Brazilian so I can spell it that way)

If I forgot your city, feel free to hack Lia's gmail and make any necessary changes.  Her password definitely has nothing to do with babies.

On to Wedding Awards:

Lia's uncle Dr. Geraldo Abreu wins the award for traveling the greatest distance, flying all the way up from Brasil.

I am keeping the competition for the most expensive gift open until April 2, 2012 in the hopes that I will spark some kind of gifting war.  Official Rules: the spot price at the time of receipt of any precious metals will be used in the valuation (Gold is hot right now...), the present value of any future costs associated with keeping something alive will be deducted from its current value (If Lia asks for a Goldendoodle, just say no) and sentimental value in tangible terms will be valued at a maximum of 8 cents.

Back to writing thank you notes... and in case anyone would like to outsource their notes to India, it costs about 25 cents a piece for hand written notes including overseas shipping. I definitely did research it.  You would have to be OK with them using non-union labor though.

No comments:

Post a Comment