Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Return of the LIA

Lia here...I decided to finally return from my blogging hiatus. I am sure you have all been missing me wildly and have been waiting for my return with bated breath. Well, fear no longer dear readers, for I am back!

You may be wondering what I've been doing while NOT blogging. The answer, some pretty awesome stuff. I successfully baked cinnamon rolls from scratch on my first attempt. I only had a small meltdown in the midst of the baking where I realized I didn't know how to knead dough. I sent out a SOS call and my dear husband came to the rescue and pulled up a youtube video on "how to knead dough". Doesn't everyone bake using youtube?


Yum in my tum, you should be sad if you didn't get to try one.
I used these to bribe my husband for snuggles and a goldendoodle. I also bought friends at work with them. Mission accomplished. 

During the small amounts of time we are actually home I've been cooking scrumptious dinners. I basically had cooked like 3 meals in my life before getting married so Sean was pretty nervous about the fate of his belly. Thanks to my great resources (blogs, blogs and more blogs) I've discovered some excellent recipes.    So I use all my reading comprehension skills and create masterpieces like this...

 

Mahi Mahi and rice. Sean liked it! Score!

So it being 4th of July and all I had to bake something patriotic. If you don't bake something red, white or blue (apple pie also counts) on the 4th then you AIN'T MERICAN'. Hence the red velvet brownies. 


So, moral of the story is I spend my time either out of town exploring the lands (NYC post coming soon), snuggling babies at work, researching the goldendoodle we won't be getting for at least a year and ensuring that Sean and I stay happy and plump.  

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm can I come live with you and eat all your baked goods? I'll bring Willowdog and she can be friends with your goldendoodle that you NEED to get NOW.

    ReplyDelete