Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Week in the Life

Hey There Friends,

It has come to my attention that many of you do not realize how cool Lia and my life together is.  I use the term cool because it is a positive adjective that means absolutely nothing.  I am still awake tonight and it is entirely Lia's fault because she works nights. We all know Lia is very counter-cultural, and one way in which she expresses this is by working from 7pm to 7am three nights a week.  Me, being the fantastic husband I am, try to stay awake real late with her and then sleep in to 3pm so that she has someone to keep her company.  It works out great, because I adjust sleeping schedules very quickly and have Call of Duty Black Ops to keep me company while she works.

Now I try to spend as much time with Lia as possible when I am home because I travel a little. That may actually be an understatement.  I have flown about 90 segments in the past year.  I leave on Monday mornings to travel to Orlando and stay in a hotel until I fly home on Thursday nights.  Sometimes I throw a trip to Chicago, Nashville, Portland or New York in there to confuse Steve Jobs who is tracking me through my iPod.

And the reason this is on my mind is because I have a plethora of work-related news.  Our team's contract with the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Orlando expired at the end of May and they have decided not to renew (we were paying them 100 bucks a night while the average price of a room was around 300).  The reason this is sad is because of all of the good times and famous people we got to rub elbows with while we stayed there.  It is by far the nicest hotel in Orlando, so we got to hang out (sort of) with Oprah, Lebron, DWade, Dwight Howard, Lil Wayne, Geraldo, Rick Ross and many more.

Some of those folks were pretty friendly.  Shaq came into our conference room at the hotel and asked us what we did.  One of my teammates, Reuben, told him we did healthcare stuff and asked what he did.  He grunted and walked away.  He was definitely as cool in real life as he was in Shazam.

Here is a video of Shaq creeping on Biebs while he plays the piano.  I don't really remember who on my team took the video, but if I figure it out I will yell at them for holding their phone sideways.


So.. we are moving down the street to another Marriott brand hotel, since our directors love the Marriott rewards program.  That is only half the news.  I also recently received my next project assignment.  At the end of August I will start flying each week to Kansas City!

I will be working up there as part of the same nation-wide project.  I am excited for the bbq, but not excited to get sick of the bbq and have to deal with winter. I should be up there for a bit more than a year.  Anyway, that is my big news.

Also, Lia and I are both going on a 5 day vacation to NYC in about 2 1/2 weeks, so if anyone has any advice on things to do/not to do or cool/cheap/really cheap places to eat, tell Lia.

2 comments:

  1. In the village there is a place called Mamouds and they have the best falafel sandwiches for like $2.50. I highly suggest it. I dream about them often. Last time I was in NY I bought two to eat on the plane home. So good. Oh man i'm drooling a little. (if you actually want to go there let me know and I can find out the actual address of it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a pizza place on Broadway near Columbia University where the slice is about as big as your face for 2.75. Also, the cups for soda change each week depending on the truck they stole them off the back of which can be a fun guessing game. It's called Kornets.

    The are also some Gator Bars decorated in Gator stuff. One of them is called Gin Mill.

    ReplyDelete