Friday, May 10, 2013

Life Updates


So, this past winter Lia and I decided that I would apply to Owen Graduate School of Business at Vanderbilt University to see if we could accelerate our life plan by a year.

Well…
They said "Yes!"
I said "Wow!"
They said "When will you accept?"
I said "How about right now?"
They said "Good, cus we can't wait!"
Then I asked them for some merit aid...
And they said "Yes!"

I'm officially going to be a Double Dore (trust me, it's a thing.)  Considering that leaving Nashville was not an option in my book, it is an incredible blessing that it all worked out.  If they had rejected me or not come through with a scholarship, the plan was to eliminate the MBA from my life plan and move forward accordingly.  Instead, the business nerd in me could not be more excited to spend 22 months learning how to be awesome at everything. 

Going back to school will also give me another chance to figure out what I want to do with my life.  My problem is not that I don't have any ideas, but rather than I have a plethora of ideas and can't decide between them.  I have the standard real estate mogul and king of the world occupations showing some strong competition, but I wouldn't count out the Doodle breeder or stay-at-home dad options quite yet.

Whatever path the Lord sends me down in 2 years, I could not be more excited to begin my temporary retirement this fall.  Less travel, less work, less hopeless clients…  more wife time, more doodle, more hunting, more intramural sports, more Thursday night kegs, more Fridays off.  

Yes.... in fact, winning does feel great.  Go Dores.

No comments:

Post a Comment