Monday, April 8, 2013

My Best Friend Got Married and The Doodle Loves Spring!

Since Sean has been carrying this blog for quite awhile now I figure it is time for me to get involved again! So here goes nothing...

Since moving to Nashville a little over a year ago from Sunny South Florida I have gained a new appreciation for seasons. South Florida has two seasons...warm and beautiful in the winter and monsoons and hot in the summer. You don't get excited about the seasons down there...they just kind of happen. So after a longish winter this year in Nashville with a few (mild) snow days I have been anticipating Spring!

This past Friday I had the day off and it was absolutely beautiful outside and I found myself so stinking excited about it. My best girl Pippa and I set out on a walk. We had no destination in mind, no distance we were trying to cover, no tasks we were aiming to complete...just a leisurely jaunt through our hood. We had the best time! We met tons of doggie friends (doodles included), Pippa let a number of toddlers pet her and pull her tail and as usual we answered many people's questions about Pippa (she gets a lot of attention and loves every second of it). On our way home we stopped at the pet store and she got some water and some local organic treats (she is rotten!).


We found ourselves in Sevier park and just sat and enjoyed the sunshine. 
 Taking in the sights...
Watching a little boy and his dad throw a ball (I wouldn't let her chase it).

Terrible picture but I found it amusing that she sat with me on our front porch swing for 15 minutes after we got back. Who says she isn't a child?


 Worn out from our long walk!

I hope that our family will always appreciate each season and get outside to enjoy them! 
As Sean mentioned a few posts ago we were in Texas for Meghan and Nick's wedding wedding in mid March. They really know how to plan/put on a wedding! It was the best. I don't think my blog post will be able to give it justice at all so I'll just point everyone to the photographer's blog when she blogs about their wedding. I'll just post a few pictures that I had on my phone. 

Before we went to the Hill Country for the actual wedding I was at Meghan's house in Houston hanging out/bachelorette party/snuggling my niece Willow!


The wedding venue was INSANE! I literally felt like we were inside a pinterest pin. It was picturesque with the blue bonnets in full bloom, awesome decorations throughout the whole ranch, lights and chandeliers hanging from the trees etc. I can't wait to see all of the pictures! 

It definitely had a Texas, rustic theme...look at this huge bowl of antlers. Pippa's eyes would have been bugging out of her head if she had been there. 

We joke that Meghan and I are soul mates (I even mentioned in my MOH speech) but I'm pretty sure Meghan gets me more than anyone in this world. We both are insanely awkward, clumsy and spastic. We both love dogs and babies more than is probably healthy and we both drive our husbands insane (in the most endearing way possible). I was so honored to be a part of this wedding and it made my heart SO happy to stand next to Meghan while she and Nick committed themselves to each other forever.
Meghan (isn't she absolutely gorgeous??) and I before we got dressed. She got all of the bridesmaids and her mom & MIL these beautiful robes. I love them!

So that is my very brief recap of the Texas Wedding! I'll try and stop in more frequently to blog about the insanely exciting aspects of my life like walks with Pippa (HA!). 



1 comment:

  1. Pippa is adorable. We have a schnoodle and we love her so much!!

    ReplyDelete